Junior Council JC Policy
|What is a policy?|
Article 1: Definitions
- 1.1 The Engineering Undergraduate Society of McGill University (hereafter referred as “ EUS ”) is the registered name of the non-for-profit corporation representing the engineering and architecture undergraduate students at McGill University
- 1.2 The Board of Governors of the EUS is the administrative board of the Engineering Undergraduate Society of McGill University which is composed of Administrators as defined by the EUS Constitution
- 1.3 The EUS shall recognise all Departmental Societies, Clubs, and Design Teams set forth in the relevant articles of the EUS Constitution as EUS Groups
Article 2: Purpose
- 2.1 To organise both academic and for first year engineers.
- 2.2 To act as a service for first year engineers to approach with relevant suggestions, questions or concerns.
- 2.3 To act as gateway for first year engineers to reach and get involved in the broader engineering community.
Article 3: Membership
- 3.1 All members shall be defined as a U0 or U1 engineering students currently in their first year of study at McGill University, with the exception of the Junior Council Co-Presidents.
- 3.2 The committee shall be composed of the following positions:
- 3.2.1 Co-Presidents
- 3.2.2 Shall be comprised of two engineering students who are in their second year of study
- 3.2.3 Shall be chosen by a Selection Committee in accordance with the Selection Committee Bylaws
- 3.2.4 U0 Representative
- 3.2.5 Vice President of Communications
- 3.2.6 Vice President of Events
- 3.2.7 Vice President of External Relations
- 3.2.8 Vice President of Finances
- 3.2.9 Vice President of Internal Affairs
- 3.3 Departmental Representatives
- 3.3.1 Shall consist of one U0 engineering student from each department.
- 3.3.2 Shall be selected in conjunction with the respective departmental presidents.
- 3.4 Portfolio Representatives
- 3.4.1 The number and title of representatives shall be decided by the Co-Presidents
- 3.4.2 Shall be assigned to work under a Vice President by the discretion of the Co-Presidents.
- 3.5 A member of Junior Council may be impeached if they do not fulfil their duties as defined in Article 4.
- 3.6 The member has the right to present an argument to the committee members.
- 3.7 This must be passed by a 2/3 voting majority by Junior Council committee members, excluding the member who’s being reviewed.
Article 4: Responsibilities
- 4.1 Co-Presidents
- 4.1.1 Responsible for forming the committee through an application process of their choice.
- 4.1.2 Responsible for overseeing all actions of the committee.
- 4.1.3 Responsible for acting as mentors to the newly formed committee.
- 4.2 U0 Representative
- 4.2.1 Responsible for duties outlined in EUS Constitution.
- 4.3 Vice President of Communications
- 4.3.1 Responsible for communicating Junior Council events and other opportunities in the EUS relevant to first year engineers.
- 4.3.2 Responsible for performing or delegating the following tasks:
- 126.96.36.199 Maintaining and updating all social media platforms.
- 188.8.131.52 Promoting to students both on-campus, off-campus, and in residences.
- 184.108.40.206 Designing all promotional material.
- 4.4 Vice President of Events
- 4.4.1 Responsible for overseeing the planning of and execution of Junior Council events.
- 4.4.2 Responsible for performing or delegating the following tasks:
- 220.127.116.11 Ensuring that all events fall under a reasonable budget.
- 18.104.22.168 Booking venues and acquiring all materials needed for the events.
- 4.5 Vice President of External Relations
- 4.5.1 Responsible for representing Junior Council to all external clubs and companies.
- 4.5.2 Responsible for performing or delegating the following tasks:
- 22.214.171.124 Liaising with clubs of the EUS and McGill to seek collaboration opportunities.
- 126.96.36.199 Communicating with external companies to seek sponsorships.
- 188.8.131.52 Creating fundraising opportunities for Junior Council.
- 4.6 Vice President of Finances
- 4.6.1 Responsible for managing all financial activities in Junior Council.
- 4.6.2 Responsible for performing or delegating the following tasks:
- 184.108.40.206 Creating and updating the annual budget.
- 220.127.116.11 Communicating with the EUS VP Finance to ensure transparency.
- 18.104.22.168 Submitting cheque requisition forms on behalf of committee members.
- 22.214.171.124 Overseeing all financial logistics during events
- 4.7 Vice President of Internal Affairs
- 4.7.1 Responsible for all internal activities within Junior Council.
- 4.7.2 Responsible for performing or delegating the following tasks:
- 126.96.36.199 Creating meeting agendas and uploading meeting minutes
- 188.8.131.52 Organizing events for the committee.
- 4.8 Departmental Representatives
- 4.8.1 Responsible for acting as the liaison between Junior Council and their respective departments.
- 4.8.2 Responsible for representing their respective U0 student bodies.
- 4.9 Portfolio Representatives
- 4.9.1 Responsible for any tasks that are delegated towards them.
- 4.9.2 Responsible for upholding the mission of Junior Council
Article 5: Budget
- 5.1 The costs of running Junior Council shall be subsidized by
- 5.1.1 Funding by the EUS
- 5.1.2 Sponsorships solicited by Junior Council
- 5.1.3 Profits made from fundraising events.
Article 6: Amendments
- 6.1 Amendments to this policy must be approved by a simple majority vote of the Board of Governors of the EUS