Executive Committee accountable, enact initiatives to improve student's experience, and defining policies and resolutions to enact further change. The EUS Council is primarily outlined in Title II Section II of the EUS Constitution.
Powers & Duties
The powers and duties of council, as outlined in Article 22 of the constitution, are as follows:
- Act as the governing body of the EUS, empowered to make decisions and take actions on behalf of the EUS
- Enact initiatives to improve the experience of the regular members
- Maintain financial authority as outlined in the Financial Bylaws and Financial Policy
- Define and uphold Policies and Resolutions
- Ratify the CRO, DROs, and the electoral calendar
- Establish committees
Council, as it relates to other entitites
- Hold the Executive Committee, Engineering Senator, and SSMU Reps accountable, in addition to adding mandates
- Reverse decisions taken by the Executive Committee
- Be held accountable to General Assembly
The EUS Council must meet at least once every four weeks during the academic year, but tends to meet every two weeks. Anyone is permitted to attend, excluding the event of a confidential session, which can be called by a 2/3 majority vote. Quorum for Council shall be 50% of it's membership, 29 people.
The EUS Council is made up of
This is a total of 58 voting members; as such, quorum shall be 29.