Clubs Fund Bylaws
|What is a bylaw?|
The Clubs Fund Bylaws summarizes the purpose and procedures of the Clubs Fund Committee and the Clubs Fund therein.
Article 1: Definitions
- 1.1 The Engineering Undergraduate Society of McGill University (hereafter referred to as “ EUS ”) is the registered name of the non-for-profit corporation representing the engineering and architecture undergraduate students at McGill University
- 1.2 The Board of Governors of the EUS is the administrative board of the Engineering Undergraduate Society of McGill University which is composed of Administrators as defined by the EUS Constitution
- 1.3 EUS Groups shall be defined as officially recognized groups under the EUS Constitution such as Clubs & Design Teams, Departmental Societies
- 1.4 The Clubs Fund Committee (hereafter referred to as “ CFC ”) is a committee of the EUS that administers the Clubs Fund
Article 2: Purpose/Mission
- 2.1 The Engineering Undergraduate Society Clubs Fund (hereafter referred to as “Clubs Fund”) is a fund composed of money allocated by the EUS operational budget, whose purpose is to financially support the EUS Clubs defined by the Clubs and Design Teams Bylaws.
- 2.2 These bylaws govern both the Clubs Fund and the Clubs Fund Committee
Article 3: Administration of the Clubs Fund
- 3.1 The CFC shall coordinate the expenditure of the Clubs Fund in such a manner that it most benefits EUS Clubs
- 3.2 The CFC shall determine a list of proposals for distribution of the Clubs Fund in the way outlined in this document, and shall present this list to the EUS Council for ratification.
- 3.3 The Board of Governors shall set the funding amount for the Clubs Fund at the adoption of the Operational Budget, and may amend the amount.
- 3.4 Should the funding allocated to the Clubs Fund amount to zero dollars ($0) for a year, the CFC will not be required to meet. This will not terminate the Clubs Fund.
Article 4: Membership
- 4.1 The CFC shall be composed of the following voting members:
- 4.2 The Chair of the committee shall be the Funds Director of the EUS who shall be a non-voting member of the CFC
- 4.2.1 Should the Funds Director have a conflict of interest with the parties involved, the Vice President Finance of the EUS shall serve as Chair of the CFC
- 4.2.2 Should the President, Vice President Finance, and Vice President Student Life of the EUS be affiliated with any Club, they shall be replaced by other members of the Executive Committee, one of which shall serve as chair, at the Executive Committee’s discretion.
- 4.3 Quorum shall consist of:
- 4.4 A 2/3 majority is required for a Clubs Fund funding request to pass.
Article 5: Responsibilities
- 5.1 The Chair shall:
- 5.1.1 Chair the CFC meetings;
- 5.1.2 Set and distribute the agenda for the CFC meetings, and inform all members as to the dates and times for these meetings at least seventy-two (72) hours in advance of the meeting;
- 5.1.3 Create a Clubs Fund funding request form, and educate Clubs as to the guidelines for a funding request;
- 184.108.40.206 These shall be made available to design teams no later than two (2) weeks before the deadline
- 5.1.4 Set a deadline for Clubs Fund funding requests;
- 5.1.5 Collect funding requests from Clubs, and distribute these to the members of the CFC at least seventy-two (72) hours in advance of meetings.
- 5.1.6 Advertise the existence and purpose of the Clubs Fund to the entire McGill Engineering Undergraduate community
- 5.2 The Vice President Finance of the EUS shall:
- 5.2.1 Oversee the financial management of the Clubs Fund account;
- 5.2.2 Distribute funds from the Clubs Fund account to the recipient Clubs, as decided by the CFC, and ratified by the EUS Council.
- 5.2.3 Report all CFC actions to the EUS Council, including budgeting, proposals, voting results and expenditures;
- 5.3 The committee members, including members-at-large shall:
- 5.3.1 Verify that funds from the Clubs Fund have been used by EUS Clubs in an appropriate manner. If irregularities are found, they shall be reported to the Chair.
Article 6: Amendments
- 6.1 Amendments to these bylaws must be approved by a simple majority vote of the Board of Governors of the EUS